Sunday 8 March 2015

14 Things Learnt in 2014 - 7 from me + 7 from you

Hellooo good people of the interweb!

I swear it feels like we were wishing each other happy-happy 2015 five minutes ago. I wrote the bones of this post while commenting on this post with a similar title written by one of my all-time favourite bloggers around 7 January. My intention was to post it way earlier but as with most great things on the internet, real life got in the way.


2014 was a very core-shaking year for me. I learnt so many great things and think sharing some of these with you is great way to kick-start my blogging year – nine weeks later than the start of the calendar year but a start nonetheless. In my quest to make my relationship with this blog feel more like a relationship with a friend, i.e. a two way street of loving and learning, I thought I’d switch things up by only listing 7 of the things I learnt and hope to learn 7 new lessons from you.

I urge, OK let me not be cool about this, I beg everyone who takes the time to read this post to share at least 1 of things you've learnt during last year as a comment on any of my social media pages. They don’t need to profound or life-changing but taking the time to acknowledge to our wins in life, no matter how big or small, is essential to human advancement. (I’m tempted to quote my girl Oprah or my brother in wisdom Deepak Chopra as a source for this fact of life) However, I have no facts but trust me when I say this exercise will be good for your soul and self.

I’ll post the complete article within a week or sooner depending on the rate of feedback received, which I’m sure will be wiz fast because your minds already racing with lessons to share. Here’s my half and I’m so looking forward to adding and sharing yours:

  1. I learnt the power of operating from gratitude. I read somewhere that gratitude unlocks the fullness of life and am awe of its truth every day.
  2. I lost my mom to cancer, and man oh man have I got to pain, and more importantly, in her honour, I’m getting to know God.
  3. I discovered Sheryl Sandberg (Facebook COO) thanks to an Oprah Masterclass and am now more determined than ever to make meaningful contributions to society. How this is going to happen is unknown but will unfold.
  4. I learnt to give my family the best of me and see the best in them.
  5. I ran the 10 km Soweto Marathon and learnt that a little of discipline my body can do amazing things
  6. I became oh so aware of God’s faithfulness and learning to love Him guilt-free.
  7. I became more confident in my writing ability and in the workplace all round.


These are just some of the many things that have prepared me for 2015 and I cannot wait to hear what has done the same for you. Within the first week of this year, I turned 26, got engaged and moved to Jo’burg. The greatness that I’ve been on the brink of is here and through my many conversations with friends and strangers alike, I believe this year will mark the manifestation of greatness for all of us.



Love,
Lenny 

1 comment:

  1. Keep things simple. Stay true to yourself. Als gebeur vir n rede en als kom reg met tyd. 3in1 combo... much love

    ReplyDelete